A quality management standard describes and defines the requirements for an organization’s management system. While ISO 9001: 2015 formulates its requirements in a sector-neutral way and addresses companies from industry, services, trade and public institutions, IATF 16949: 2016 clearly addresses the automotive industry. Both the manufacturers and the entire supply chain.
This quality management system standard of the automotive industry, together with the customer-specific requirements, the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015 and ISO 9000: 2015 , defines the basic requirements for a quality management system for series and spare parts production in the automotive industry. For this reason, this QMS standard of the automotive industry cannot be seen as an independent QMS standard. IATF 16949: 2016 is to be understood as a supplement to and only in connection with ISO 9001: 2015.
IATF 16949:2016 webinar
We provide you with a clear basic understanding of IATF 16949: 2016. You will receive practical and concrete advice for the successful implementation of the standard requirements in your company. Our IATF 16949: 2016 seminar is suitable for newcomers / career changers as well as for employees of already certified companies.
- Introduction to the subject
- Basic terms and definitions of quality management
- Definition of terms in the automotive industry
- Explanation of the PDCA cycle
- Development, importance and use of a management system in the automotive industry
- The 7 principles of quality management
- Basic structure (high level structure) of ISO 9001: 2015
- Explanation of the relationships with IATF 16949: 2016
- Dealing with customer-specific requirements (also called CSR)
- Explanation of the advantages of a process-oriented approach
- Importance and benefits of the risk-based approach
- Overview of the requirement sections of IATF 16949: 2016
- Chapter 4: Context of the Organization
- Chapter 5: Leadership
- Chapter 6: Planning
- Chapter 7: Assistance
- Chapter 8: Operation
- Chapter 9: Evaluation of Performance
- Chapter 10: Improvement
- Pitfalls, tips & tricks in implementation
- Practical workshops
- Practical case studies
- No travel times and costs
- Trainer with many years of practical experience
- Enough space for individual questions
2 x 6 hours from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
There are no special requirements. Basic knowledge of ISO 9001: 2015 is an advantage. These can be obtained, for example, in our ISO 9001: 2015 basic knowledge .
- Access to internet-enabled PC with microphone and loudspeaker
- Connection of the computers via Teamviewer / Skype or alternative remote software or webinar software
Scope of services
- detailed training documents in PDF form
- extended training documents, templates, checklists and forms in PDF form
Certificate of attendance after the webinar
€ 795 per participant plus VAT VAT