The sixth edition of the VDA Volume 2 “Assurance of the Quality of Deliveries” was fundamentally revised in 2020. The main goals are to agree the scope, content and schedule of the PPA procedure between the organization and the customer. With the elimination of the submission stages, the individual expectations of customers, the diversity of the products and the large number of possible documents are taken into account. The implementation responsibility of the organization for the preparation of all relevant documents is emphasized on the basis of past experience. In addition, with the organization’s self-assessment of the product and process, the scope of the documents to be transmitted is reduced.
The change in the release levels, the integration of software and the approximation of the verification of the procedure to the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) of the Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) represent further significant changes in this volume.
This standard is predominantly required by German automobile manufacturers such as Audi, VW, Porsche, Daimler and BMW. Before the start of series production, the supplier must provide evidence that its series processes and the resulting products meet the agreed specifications. More and more companies from other industries are recognizing the advantages of such a PPA process and adapting it to their situation.
- Introduction to the Production Process and Product Approval process
- Aim and purpose of the Production Process and Product Approval process
- Time of the Production Process and Product Approval procedure in connection with the maturity levels milestones
- Requirements of IATF 16949: 2016 according to a proper production process and product release
- Verification of the Production Process and Product Approval procedure in accordance with VDA Volume 2
- Areas of application of the Production Process and Product Approval process
- Interdisciplinary collaboration (multidisciplinary approach)
- Explanation of the content of the consultation on the PPA procedure
- Basic sequence of the PPA procedure
- Explanation of the 49 evidence for the PPA procedure
- Handling of changes according to the trigger matrix
- Customer-specific requirements as part of the Production Process and Product Approval process
- Practical application of the PPA process
- Tips and exchange on best practice solutions
- Workshops and question and answer sessions
Interested employees who acquire knowledge of the sampling processes common in the automotive industry, who want to gain an overview or who want to deepen the knowledge they have acquired, as well as employees who carry out the sampling in practice.
Scope of services
- detailed training documents in digital form
- extended training documents, templates, checklists and forms in digital form
- Practical case studies
- No travel times and costs
- Trainer with many years of practical experience
- Enough space for individual questions
8 hours from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Access to internet-enabled PC with microphone and loudspeaker
- Connection of the computers via Teamviewer / Skype or alternative remote software or webinar software
Certificate of attendance after the webinar
€ 495 per participant plus VAT VAT
VDA Volume 2 can be purchased directly from the VDA. You can order here .
Inquiry, booking, appointments